Thursday, April 3, 2014

Made in the Shade

When I repainted the living room I decided NOT to do anything else until it was ALL finished.
No more PhD's--Projects half Done.
Striving for PaD's--Projects all Done.
Easier said than done.
When did I repaint the living room anyway? Hmmmm....February 2013. Geez!
I have a long way to go before things are finished.
The sofa has to be recovered.
This chair needs recovering, again.
The windows need covering.
I really wanted shades. Roll up shades.


My beautiful linen roll-up shades.
Ok, so they aren't linen. They're made from a drop cloth. 
But you didn't know that right off.

All the directions I found required the shades to be mounted on a board then mounted in the window.
There would be no taking them down for washing.
I live with boys.
Things FLY through the air.
I have to be able to take them down and wash them.
So I used a tension rod, some screw eyes, and something for fishing.


I have no idea what these are for. But I've had them for years. I bought them for something. I don't know what. They worked great here.





Nikki approved. As long as they are rolled up. She MUST be able to see out the window.
One project down. How many more to go? I'll think about that later.

6 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

I love roll up shades. Very smart/economical to use drop cloths. Nikki likes being able to keep watch!
Wishing you a very nice weekend.

Theresa said...

Genius! Love those shades and drop cloths worked beautifully:) Enjoy your day dear friend, BIG HUGS!

Betsy Adams said...

Hi Amy, Great idea and so clever. You amaze me finding ways to do things economically... Love the shades....

Hugs,
Betsy

~The Robins Nest~ said...

Nnicely done-they seriously look like linen...Those swivels are for fishing. You put one on the end of your line then you can change out lures super easy! I like how you are using them though! ;)

mysteryhistorymom said...

Love the shades, Amy! They look fabulous! Lori

White Lace and Promises said...

Love the shades! My daughter and her husband used drop clothes, the full length for long panels. They put them on a pretty rod and used clips to attach them. Great job with the roll up!