My mom called them candle lamps.
There was a hurricane shade for each.
I packed those away before the photo op.
I wanted to bring them into the 21st century.
They needed shades.
Regular lamp shades.
And maybe some paint.
Finding a shade I wanted was problematic.
So I made some from things I found at the Dollar Tree:
Cellophane covered wire containers and shelf liner.
I carefully removed the cellophane leaving the wire frame.
But I needed some way to attach the shade to the bulb or lamp.
Rounded up some wire, some washers, and wire cutters.
Threaded the wire through the washer.
A couple of times until:
My very own bulb clip lamp shade frame.
Onto the shade part.
Took the cellophane and used as a pattern.
Backed the shelf liner with regular copy paper.
Placed it all on the wire frame.
Looking good so far.